Please find below a list of all current job openings. The city offers an excellent benefit package that includes State Retirement, paid holidays, health, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Applications may be obtained online, or at the City of Camden next to the payment drop box.
Once you have completed the form, print it, sign it, and return it to:
City of Camden
ATTN: Personnel Department
1000 Lyttleton Street
Camden, SC 29020
WATER/SEWER LINES OPERATOR
Under daily supervision, performs routine labor activities in support of the maintenance and repair of the water distribution and sewer collection systems. Reports to the Crew Chief, Water and Sewer Lines.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides assistance with the inspection and repair of broken water and sewer service lines.
• Inspects and installs or assists with the installation of service taps and meters.
• Assists with clearing blockage of distribution and collection lines.
• Rebuilds service line foundations and caverns.
• Provides assistance with the inspection and repair of fire hydrants.
• Ensures all equipment and vehicles are in proper working order and maintained through routine service activities.
• Operates various equipment and machinery to include a jet machine, tamper, backhoe, tapping machine, mud hog, smoke machine, air hammer, pipe wrench, pipe saw, and basic mechanics tools.
Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Prefer experience in plumbing, maintenance, or other related fields
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid SC driver’s license.
• Must have the ability to obtain a Class A driver’s license.
WATER PLANT OPERATOR
The City of Camden is accepting applications for a Water Treatment Plant Operator. Will assist in the daily operations and maintenance of the water plant and laboratory activities to include collection of water samples, conducting routine lab tests, washing filters, flushing chemical lines, etc. Strong attention to detail a must. Requires high school diploma or equivalent, a valid SC driver license and ideally possess a minimum level “D” Water License. Must be available to work weekends, overtime and “on-call” as needed. Benefits include SC State Retirement, health, dental and life insurance, annual and sick leave.
Under general supervision, is responsible for the fair and equal enforcement of all local and state ordinances and laws. Ensures and participates in the enforcement of traffic laws and regulations to include investigating traffic accidents, ensuring safety of streets and sidewalks, directing traffic at various public events, operating various related equipment, etc. Reports to the Sergeant, Shift Supervisor.
If you are interested in applying for the Patrol Officer position, please complete the following application.
Download our Patrol Officer application.